Manifesting challenging large repurposed meditation tent sewing project.. Success despite Mercury retrograde.. Thanks to a little help from divine timing!!💡🌟🎪

12/13/2017
An upcycling sewing project I just completed!! I thought this was going to be a quick finish.. Two weeks and three broken machine needles later I am finally done!! I sourced material from the local ABQ Savers, I didn't have the right kind of fabric on hand and after an unproductive hunt for vintage material that was durable enough to use I was at a loss.. Wandering around the thrift store aisles frustrated and trying to brainstorm (on Black Friday what was I thinking) I ended up in the ladies skirt section, I look over and there is the perfect earth tone paisley, durable weight hippie skirt for $2.99. Ahh!! I then quickly found 4 more in complementary earth tones! And 50% off! When I got home and laid out the skirt fabric I had 40.58 feet of beautiful vintage fabric. I had previously measured the space and needed 40.5 feet. Perfect! I even had enough left for a few pillows and to mod podge an old paper hanging lampshade with the scraps.
#projectboho #meditationtent #upcycle #repurpose #textileart #meditate #boho #hippie #recycle #70s #vintage
A much bigger project than I thought but I love how it turned out!!

I kept the fabric panels separate so it will be multipurpose to use indoors or out. Hoping to take camping and on roadtrips next summer!!

  1. The synchronicities were strong during this project!! Yardage worked out exactly perfect, (I did not measure at the store just did a very rough eyeball estimate) and the buttons from the four different skirt fabrics lined up perfectly to make the tent door.👍🌙🌟







Adds a cozy bohemian vibe to the RV!! This was one of my more challenging projects as I had no pattern just an idea in my head. It really was so much fun though and I'm very happy with the end result.

Just enough left over fabric scraps to Mod Podge an old paper hanging lamp that had large tears and was previously unusable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Conservation Meditations

Just wanted to pass this along... VERY CONCERNING!!!!  Anything we can do to reduce plastic use even one thing to start with would be a huge...